Essay Contest: The Role of Video Games in my Life
Update. Thank you all for more than hundred of great works. Because of the huge popularity of the contest, we don't have time to process all works. We decided change winners announcement date. The winners will be selected on February 23th, 2018.
Here at Games Mojo we believe in nurturing talent and research in the area we passionately work for day in and day out. This challenge is a contest to get students more involved and interested in video game industry. We would like to encourage these young minds by providing them with great money prizes totaling $1,000 for top contest entrants.
Please read all the rules and terms on this page carefully.
The theme for this year’s Games Mojo essay contest is ‘The role of video games in my life’. Googling “Gaming Industry,” for example, reveals a lot of interesting recent headlines and opinions about it’s role. Here are some of them:
- Influence of the game industry on the job market.
- The negative impact of video game violence.
- Video games as an art form. Reasons why they can be an art.
- Should video gaming be considered a sport?
- Financial attractiveness of the video game industry.
- The effects of videogames on school achievement.
All sources must be cited but we are not interested in summaries of the opinions of others. Rather, we are interested in the informed opinions of the authors. Writing an essay on this topic requires thorough research and background knowledge.
- Eligibility. This international competition is open to all students 11-19 years old. Students must be enrolled in primary or secondary school or home school equivalent. College and university students are not eligible for this contest.
- Essays should be of 1000 words or more and should be written in English. Field-specific jargon should be avoided or explained.
- Figures and references are not required but up to 10 references (included within the text body) may be submitted.
- Send your essay in .doc/.docx or .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The file containing the essay should include the essay title and the applicant's name, email, school name and state, which may be used when publishing the essay on our site.
- Deadline: November 30th, 2017. The winners will be selected by December 13th, 2017.
- By submitting your entry to the contest, you grant Games Mojo the right to use your name, biographical information, likeness (ie a photograph) and scholarship, award information for marketing or other purposes (such as posting to our blog, social media or website). If your entry will be published on our website, your name and college/university will be mention.
Prizes awarded to contestant winners are as follows:
1st Place: $500 + guaranteed publication at gamesmojo.com.
2nd Place: $300.
3rd Place: $200.
We look forward to reading your submissions.