- OS: Windows XP+
- Processor: 1.66 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: DX9 (shader model 2.0) capabilities
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 2 GB available space
- Additional Notes: These are estimated requirements - I'll be locking down final requirements during Early Access. Please don't make any important spending decisions based on this information!
- OS: Windows 7+
- Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 5 GB available space
Unfortunately, professional review of the FRONTIERS game is not yet ready. This game is on the list and will be reviewed in the nearest feature. Meanwhile, you can find more from the official description below.View all reviews
If you have something to say about this game and make own review - write us. We are looking for talented game critics!
Is FRONTIERS for you?
I can still remember the first time I played Daggerfall. Yes, it was uglier than a monkey's armpit and controlled worse than a bumper car on a frozen lake. But it also created the feeling of a world that lived on even after I'd stopped playing, and that feeling still sticks with me all these years later. A world where you could spend hours searching every pixelated nook and cranny. A world of potential. A world of exploration...
...and then a Dragonling would chomp my face because I hadn't spent ten hours grinding in the easy regions. Arg! So frustrating!
Other games have touched on that elusive feeling, especially Elder Scrolls and early Fallout games, but as fun as they are and as much as I love hardcore RPG mechanics, I've always dreamt of a game that emphasized exploration above all else.
If you feel the same way then yes - FRONTIERS is for you!
- Massive open world - go anywhere, any time
- Unique relaxing pace and tone
- An exploration-focused main quest that spans an entire continent
- Simple gameplay - no stats or skill trees to memorize (It barely qualifies as an RPG, really)
- Live off the land - hunt, trap, fish and cook dozens of varieties of plantlife (including hallucinogens!) and a dozen varieties of animal
- Minecraft-style item crafting system
- Dozens of skills to discover and learn, including magic, survival and stealth skills
- Hundreds of shops, taverns, homes, caves, castles and other structures to explore
- A haunting soundtrack for every region
- Full mod support
- NEW: Oculus Rift support
NOTE: I recommend reading reviews & forum posts before purchasing, especially concerning Linux support.