GamesMojo is not an official representative or the developer of this game. Copyrighted materials belong to their respective owners. Warning: Users can download the game from the links of Official Website and legal sources offered in the following articles.
Smintheus is puzzle game where you craft gadgets to overcome obstacles, fight enemies, manipulate environment and various creatures while being chased by crazy but powerful cat whose life purpose is to capture you and kick your butt for no good reason. Hybrid of classical puzzle, adventure with RPG and survival elements including experimental twists inspired by various PC games of 90s.
You play as Gerald the mouse, a young craftsman who was forced to leave his home village due to danger emanating from the local dweller, Lanky the cat. Gerald and Lanky used to be friends, but something happened that completely changed Lanky. The cat simply became obsessed with destroying the poor mouse without giving any explanations for his hateful desire. With failed attempts to fight the cat there was nothing left to do for Gerald but to run away for his life.
- Craft gadgets! - Smintheus core feature is crafting. Craft different gadgets that will either aid you against hostile environment or help you solve puzzles and avoid obstacles. More than 12 gadgets are at your disposal, You can also combine two or more gadgets to achieve totally different effect or just progress the game more efficiently.
- The Cat - watch out for the main star of the show, Lanky the cat. He's tough, dangerous and completely out of his mind. Kicking butts is in his nature and he will use every chance to kick yours. Don't let that happen!
- Fight! - Smash enemies with the good old wrench, shoot them from far away, use traps and even bombs against them. If you wish, it's quite possible to stay hidden and simply avoid hostile creatures.
- Unique puzzles - Encounter classical puzzles which involves moving boxes, triggering pressure plates and toggling switches. With addition to that, you'll meet unique puzzles that will involve gadget crafting, enemy manipulation, stealth mechanics and other crafty things unique to certain levels. There are lot of abstract puzzles that draws inspiration from golden age of point and click games.
- Explore the world - Submerge into wacky and bizarre world of Smintheus inspired by golden era cartoons. Your journey will cover such areas as violet sand desert, the great underground, castle dungeon, sewers, swamp, floating islands and mysterious mushroom world. All kinds of characters will be met on your way - some of them will offer quests, some will share a bit of lore about the world and some... might stand on your way.
- Get powerful! - completing side quests or picking up books will grant you experience points which can be used to unlock various perks. These perks aren't necessary to complete the game, but they will make your journey much easier.
- Liberating controls - game can be played with mouse, touchpad, keyboard or game pad. Nothing stops you from using them all at the same time.
- Choose your tempo - control how fast the game is. Do you prefer slow or fast paced gameplay? Game allows you to change the game speed to your needs,
- Majestic Soundtrack - enjoy the retro music inspired by synth music of late 80s, tracker music of 90s and soundtracks of Amiga computer games as well as CD game music of same era.
- 1. All review text and other content are original. The copyright of all game, hardware and software reviews and images belong to our editorial team, copying without attribution is forbidden. Some of brand names, logos and screenshots are used in order of qualified relationships.
- 2. All the information on this website is strictly observed all the terms and conditions of Google Ads Advertising policies, Google Unwanted Software policy and Microsoft Advertising policies.
- 3. We provide the official download links to legal sources like official websites, Steam, PlayStation Store, Microsoft Market, Nintendo eShop, Google Play Store, Apple iTunes, GOG, Humble Bumble and other.
Did you like this review?
Nice! Please share this post on social media.
Please comment with your thoughts and recommendations on the «Contact us» page