The Eagle's Heir Review
Unfortunately, professional review of the The Eagle's Heir game is not yet ready. This game is on the list and will be reviewed in the nearest feature. Meanwhile, you can find more from the official description below.View all reviews
If you have something to say about this game and make own review - write us. We are looking for talented game critics!
The Eagle's Heir is a 200,000 word interactive novel by Amy Griswold and Jo Graham. It's entirely text-based, without graphics, or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Since Napoleon won the Battle of Waterloo in 1815, seventeen years ago, Europe has enjoyed an uneasy peace. While the great empires of Austria, Russia and England have tried to stem the tide of revolution, France has mastered steam power to conquer the air and sea. Now, Napoleons health is failing, and France is torn between his legitimate heir, Franz, and his illegitimate son Alexandre.
Luckily, Alexandre has you, his loyal bodyguard and childhood companion, skilled in the arts of the duel and the ballroom, and ready for anything from diplomacy to airship combat!
It's brother against brother as you choose who will rule France, and how. Will France have a king, an emperor, or become a republic? Can you guide your lifelong friend Alexandre to the throne, and keep not just your prince but his revolutionary ideals alive? Or will you throw your weight behind his half-brother Franz? Will you defeat Frances enemies with the thunder of airship guns or forge a marriage alliance in gaslit ballrooms?
- Play as male, female, genderfluid, or non-binary; gay, straight, or asexual
- Race airships across the English Channel
- Find romance with a journalist or a lady's maid, or mnage a trois at the Tuileries Palace
- Join a motley crew of actors in the revolutionary cause, or spy on them for your allies
- Duel aristocrats to preserve your and Alexandre's honor
- Plan a scandalous elopement which sends Europe into an uproar
When swords cross before the throne, who will be the Eagle's Heir?