Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Review
Unfortunately, professional review of the Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager game is not yet ready. This game is on the list and will be reviewed in the nearest feature. Meanwhile, you can find more from the official description below.View all reviews
If you have something to say about this game and make own review - write us. We are looking for talented game critics!
Road to the Moon features the race to the Moon, the historical event that started in the early 1960s and that ended in July 1969, after the successful completion of the Apollo 11 mission.
The game features both a campaign and a sandbox mode. In campaign mode, you will be able to play as the Director of either NASA or the Soviet Space Agency in order to beat the other side to be the first on the Moon. You can also lead the Global Space Agency (GSA), an fictional space agency that combines programs from all the major space agencies in the world . In the GSA campaign, you will need to address the requests and short-term goals issued by government, and is geared towards those players who prefer a game experience focused on exploration instead of competition. Alternatively, all three space agencies feature a Sandbox mode, which provides a more open-ended experience and allows you to try out different approaches without any political pressure.
You will be able to develop dozens of programs. Some examples include the X-15 and the PKA space planes, the Sputnik satellite, the Mercury, Voskhod, Apollo and Soyuz manned spacecraft and the Mars Viking probe. You are not limited to missions that did launch, as as the game also allows you to try out many concepts that were planned but that never left the drawing board. For example, instead of sending men to the Moon using the Lunar Orbit Rendezvous (LOR) approach used by Project Apollo in the late 1960s and early 1970s, you will be able to rewrite history and use either the alternative Gemini Earth Orbit Rendezvous (EOR) or Gemini Direct Ascent (DA) schemes. The number of options available ensure every game will be different and there is huge replay value.
To verify its accuracy and authenticity, the game, is being developed in consultation with Dr. Buzz Aldrin, former U.S. Air Force combat pilot (66 missions in Korea) and NASA astronaut, who took part in the first Moon landing mission and became the second human being to walk on the Moon.
If you have any interest in space exploration and the events that transpired during the 'Race to the Moon', this is a game you just do not want to miss!
- Three different campaign modes: play as NASA or the Soviet space agency in order to be the first on the Moon or play as the Global Space Agency (GSA) and deal with the short-term objectives issued by politicians.
- Manage all aspects of your space agencies from their inception in the 1950's through to the manned lunar landing missions
- Play the race to the Moon campaign mode against other players using Slitherines PBEM system.
- The Sandbox mode allows you to play as any of the three space agencies and removes all competition restrictions. You will have a fully featured playground in order to try out different approaches to space exploration!
- Create space programs and launch missions inspired by real programs such as the X-15 Space plane, the Sputnik satellite, the Gemini, Vostok and Apollo manned spacecraft and a lot more!
- Research and develop dozens of mission components from several program categories.
- Develop your facility with advanced structures and upgrades including the Vehicle Assembly Building and the Mission Control Centre.
- Recruit and train astronaut candidates and assign them to missions.
- Assemble an elite team of Scientists, Engineers, Technicians (SET), Flight Controllers for the best chance of success.
- Manage your agency's budget.
- Mission components have an associated reliability factor and can cause catastrophic failures.
- Vast amounts of historical research ensure that the game's huge database features missions that launched and many more that never left the drawing board!
- A vast array of components built in 3D and rendered out in exquisite detail allow you to follow the progress of your missions via animated sequences.
- The Buzz-opedia gives background information on the real programs, missions and hardware throughout the game.
- The soundtrack features a unique playlist for each space agency and numerous tracks for the mission animations.
Designed in consultation with Dr. Buzz Aldrin, Apollo 11 Lunar Module Pilot and the second human being to set foot on the Moon.