Theatre of War 2: Kursk 1943 Review
Unfortunately, professional review of the Theatre of War 2: Kursk 1943 game is not yet ready. This game is on the list and will be reviewed in the nearest feature. Meanwhile, you can find more from the official description below.View all reviews
If you have something to say about this game and make own review - write us. We are looking for talented game critics!
Five days of JulyIn Theatre of War 2: Kursk 1943, you control the units of the battle group belonging to German division Grossdeutschland or the forces of the Soviet 67th Guards Rifle Division and 3rd Mechanized Corps, which participated in the defensive stage of the Kursk battle at the south face of the Kursk salient. There are two campaigns:
- Fiery Salient (forces of the Soviet 6th Guards and 1st Tank Army, July 5-10, 1943)
- Operation Citadel (German division Grossdeutschland Kampfgruppe, July 5-10, 1943)
Each campaign consists of up to 9 engagements and puts you in charge of a typical military unit from that period. Each soldier and officer is a unique personality with characteristics and skills which can change during the campaign. Careful planning and troops selection is recommended before each engagement.
- Take control over the mighty Soviet or German battle group in one of the battles which changed the history of the world
- Simulation-level visibility, ballistics and armor penetration systems. All vital vehicle systems and crew members are individually modeled
- Two historical campaigns (up to 18 missions total) and an unlimited number of customizable engagements waiting to be created with a few mouse clicks using the built-in Mission Generator
- Sophisticated AI for both enemy and your own units
- Over 60 Soviet, German and lend-leased US and British player-controllable units (not counting various infantry squads)
- Unsurpassed management of battle personnel. You can choose, assign, promote and award up to several thousand people with various characteristics. You can even rename units for easier recognition in the heat of battle
- Team multiplayer for up to 8 players (control of key points or assault/defense) with reinforcements, artillery barrages and air strikes
- Tools for creating your own missions and maps (built-in Mission Generator, wizard-like Simple Editor, full-blown Mission Editor and 3D Map Editor).