The Other 99 Review
Unfortunately, professional review of the The Other 99 game is not yet ready. This game is on the list and will be reviewed in the nearest feature. Meanwhile, you can find more from the official description below.View all reviews
If you have something to say about this game and make own review - write us. We are looking for talented game critics!
Described as a British Battle Royal, Lost meets Fight Club and digital Lord of the Flies.
The Other 99 is a game of mystery, exploration, brutal combat, stealthing mechanics and problem solving. But be careful: Permadeath is included!
One objective. Alternate playing styles. Getting off the island is your main objective.
- Survival of the fittest: Do what it takes to get off the island. Follow the cryptic note and butcher your way to freedom. Only thing is.. many of the other 99 have the same idea.
- Mind over matter: Keep focus and lurk amongst the bushes, tactically sabotaging camps and assassinating by the dead of night.
- Discovery: Let animals be animals. Watch from a distance and decipher the mysteries of the island. Maybe there is more to the island than meets the eye.
Dynamic AI system
- Just because you cant see it doesnt mean its not happening. Simulations are hard at work in the background determining how AIs move, kill and survive. This effects the world you play in and provides unique situations every time. Campfires are lit because AI have actually visited them and bodies are there because they have died, the world lives around you.
Large open world environment to explore
- Pick up a lit torch and discover the lore and extensive backstory of the island through rock engravings, notes and environmental story telling.
- Go where you please! Nothing is stopping you from walking to the other side of the playable area. Well.. Potentially 99 psychologically damaged murderous people.
Dynamic day-night cycle and ever changing weather system
- Keep track of day and night cycles as this will change visibility on both you and the other 99. Lighting fires at night or running through open fields during the day are decisions you must make.
- Weather can be unforgiving, rain blocking out the sound of footsteps and thunder illuminating the path ahead are elements you can use to your tactical advantage.
Hunger and thirst
- Maintaining hunger and thirst doesnt just keep you alive, it ensures you are strong for every encounter you face.
- Explore more efficiently by keeping well hydrated.
- Kill more efficiently by maintaining your nutrition.
Puzzle and problem solving
- Solve perspective puzzles, collect components and decipher notes. These will lead to greater rewards and bring you closer to understanding what is happening on the island.
And Much More. Including 8 trading cards, 5 profile backgrounds, 7 emoticons, 5 level badges, and an awesome foil badge.
Throughout the Early Access process well be listening to everyones feedback and incorporating that into our roadmap. Here is the current crop of things we will be focusing on during the development period ahead.
- AI Improvements
- Additional character variety
- Additional weapons
- Environment improvements
- Additional story content
- Combat improvements and balancing
- Improvements to the inventory system
- Weapon crafting system
- More traps
- Additional executions and combat improvements
- More player start locations
- Larger playable area with more areas to explore
- Further AI improvements
- Further character variety
- Linux Support
- Mac Support
- More endings
- World events
- Complete island
- Ranged combat