Serpent in the Staglands Review
Unfortunately, professional review of the Serpent in the Staglands game is not yet ready. This game is on the list and will be reviewed in the nearest feature. Meanwhile, you can find more from the official description below.View all reviews
If you have something to say about this game and make own review - write us. We are looking for talented game critics!
A true role-playing adventure.
A campaign within the world of Vol, a fully realized setting inspired by the late bronze age in a Transylvanian landscape, with unique politics, races and gods steeped in history. Featuring a chosen party of five, you role-play Necholai, a minor god of a celestial body who descends to the Staglands for a moonlit festival only to find the way home blocked and immortality slipping away. Seeking answers and aid, you take on a mortal body and the guise of a traveling Spicer. This isn't a story of good and evil, saving the world or being a hero, it's about intrigue and your adventure of survival in a harsh land.
While the game rolls the dice for you, you'll traverse the Staglands on a path narrated by your own wits and choices. A tabletop inspired experience with adventure-game like navigation, Serpent in the Staglands offers no auto-populating map markers, checklist quest grinding and rigid story exposition.
Examine hand-drawn maps in your inventory for secret locations, diagrams of foreign languages, note encounters of interest in your in-game journal and figure out on your own how best to smuggle Spices. Roleplay, investigate, and pray to the RNG god when combat begins.
Serpent in the Staglands features:
- Party-based, real time with pause combat focused on macro tactical decisions and creative party skill combinations
- Classless role-playing system: create builds via any combination of the over 100 magic, combat and aptitude skills available to create or find up to 5 unique characters
- Non-linear storyline to explore as your adventure allows
- No level scaling or story-blocked map barriers impede your adventure
- Dynamic item use, including an incantation book, hand-drawn maps, and a herbology kit for brewing potions
- Combat designed for minimal pause spamming and without cooldowns, instead focusing on pre-buffing, positioning and auto-triggering skills
- An unmarked map filled with wilderness, cities, towers, temples, dungeons and caverns to explore.
- Write your own journal notes for quests, puzzles and leads as you investigate. The game won't hold your hand or tell you what to do.
- Huge variety of enemies and challenges, including monsters, rogue mages and mutilated outlaws, which all can have the same spells and skills you do
You'll never pay for updates, patches, or DLC of any kind for Serpent in the Staglands.
For more gameplay information and official forums, please visit: http://serpentinthestaglands.com