The Dungeons of Castle Madness Review
Unfortunately, professional review of the The Dungeons of Castle Madness game is not yet ready. This game is on the list and will be reviewed in the nearest feature. Meanwhile, you can find more from the official description below.View all reviews
If you have something to say about this game and make own review - write us. We are looking for talented game critics!
- Innovative genre mashup of first person dungeon crawling & top down action RPG.
- 19* levels - 2 of which are different on every play through, the rest are hand designed.
- Grid-based movement.
- Levels are loaded with secrets
- Dozens of spells - even shapeshift into a werewolf!
- Craft new weapons & armour, repair & upgrade damaged & wrecked items
- Traps for the unwary...
- Unique artifacts to assemble.
- *Bonusses added since release, all for FREE: Ancient Maps that show entire levels at once, Bear Claw spell, Forcemail spell, Force Axe spell, numerous new magical items, a gem bag to increase the inventory space, maps persisting when returning to a previously explored level and last but not least... an entire extra level!
- Highly original - there's nothing else out there quite like this game.
- More free content included with every update.
Full DescriptionTo create a brand new experience in the RPG genre, The Dungeons of Castle Madness is a unique combination of old school first person dungeon crawling with new school fast paced combats. In this game you will go up against an unstoppable Baron and storm Castle Madness to save a village in dire need. As you progress, the levels grow to become labyrinthian, battles get bigger and even more exciting. The tension builds for what might be around the next corner...
Featuring grid-based movement for exploration and old school level design which rewards those who want to find every secret hidden within the game, the Dungeons of Castle Madness provides a challenge for everyone. On 'hardcore' difficulty the automap is disabled altogether, forcing you to map out the levels on graph paper like in the old days - and the monsters are tougher. A unique system powers the game with a more realistic inventory than typically found in most RPG's (you won't be carrying everything and the kitchen sink around with you). Armour can be damaged and even destroyed in battle, but not to worry though, it can be repaired, upgraded, crafted from scratch and even conjured from thin air. With 19 levels to fight your way through - 2 of which are different on every play through - you'll be tested to the limit.
You are not without your own considerbale powers in this quest against tyranny. You can tear foes limb from limb as a shapeshifting werewolf... Blast enemies with infernal magics as a powerful wizard... Craft magical items as a highly skilled blacksmith... Charge headlong into the fray as a warrior of the blade... Fry those foolish enough to oppose you with terrible lightning as a storm priest! Or why not mix these abilities up, and more, to play the character you want to play... your way.
Gather treasures to you, gain long lost magics and become strong enough to face the Baron! Assemble the unique artifacts of legend from seperate pieces that lie scattered and hidden in dank and dusty chambers and unlock your destiny. Secrets abound for the curious hero - but be wary - for there are traps too... as the Baron of Castle Madness is a cruel and vicious man.