Unfortunately, professional review of the Screeps game is not yet ready. This game is on the list and will be reviewed in the nearest feature. Meanwhile, you can find more from the official description below.View all reviews
If you have something to say about this game and make own review - write us. We are looking for talented game critics!
Your colony can harvest resources, build units, conquer territory, trade with another colonies. As you conquer more territory, your influence in the game world grows, as well as your abilities to expand your footprint. However, it requires a lot of effort on your part, since multiple players may aim at the same territory.
Screeps is developed for people with programming skills. Unlike some other RTS games, your units in Screeps can react to events without your participation provided that you have programmed them properly. And, unlike other MMO, you do not have to play Screeps constantly to play well. It is quite enough just to check once in a while to see if everything goes well.
- Units of all players coexist in the same real-time huge persistent world and obey the same rules.
- Many kinds of units, base building, mining resources, territory control, economy, manufacturing, transporting, logistics, trading all the attributes of a real strategy game which you need to program!
- The better your scripts, the better your game irrespective of the time played. Your creeps will mine, build, defend, and conquer as you just work, sleep, or walk your dog.
- Only basic programming skills are required. However, if you are a pro developer, now is the chance to put your skills to the limit!
- Edit your scripts from the in-game editor, or using your favorite external IDE.
- Lifetime MMO access with 10 CPU limit included in the starter package. Unlock your full CPU in your account on the official server by purchasing a CPU subscription plan or via in-game items called Subscription Tokens (can be bought by in-game credits). The subscription cost is the same for all players, there is no way to pay more to gain more advantages.
- Host your own server, modify games rules and play with your friends via LAN or on the Internet. No subscription required. The server is an open source project.
- The game is slow-paced (from 2 seconds to 5 seconds per game tick depending on a world shard where you start playing), since it allows you to debug your scripts in the real-time world. You can use your private server to develop and test with fast pace (up to 10 game ticks per second).