Throne of Lies® The Online Game of Deceit Review
Unfortunately, professional review of the Throne of Lies® The Online Game of Deceit game is not yet ready. This game is on the list and will be reviewed in the nearest feature. Meanwhile, you can find more from the official description below.View all reviews
If you have something to say about this game and make own review - write us. We are looking for talented game critics!
In a modern take on tabletop games like Werewolf/Mafia and set during a time of medieval conflict, each player is randomly assigned one of 40+ classes, ranging from the King, himself, to a hapless Fool. Most players will be loyal members of the Blue Dragon faction, but each game will feature members of either the wicked Cult or mysterious Unseen faction, along with a few Neutral characters to mix things up.
The unique Day/Night cycle allows players to congregate around the table, discuss their findings and accuse players of treason during the day and use their abilities to occupy, spy on, conspire against and even kill their fellow players at night.
While Cult and Unseen players know their allies, members of the Blue Dragon must be suspicious of every other player to ensure that they dont fall to an evil plot.
Even the King is suspect in Throne of Lies, and the enemys ability to convert other players to their side means that allegiances are always shifting.
The game concludes when the Blue Dragon faction has disposed of all hostile threats against the kingdom or their enemies have seized control of the Throne of Lies!
- Use social abilities to silence opponents, manipulate their words and actions, or even speak with the dead.
- Keep precise notes in a journal to expose your investigation in the event of an untimely death.
- Leave behind a custom, hand-drawn Deathnote to mock your attackers.
- Equip armor & weapons to customize your character and executions with absolutely NO pay-to-win mechanics.
- Neutral players have their own objectives and missions to complete. While this could be as simple as ensuring their own survival, it may be to quietly eradicate everyone at the table.
- Gather players with the ability to generate invite codes with one click, and never lose your friends with the auto reconnect feature.
- Community moderation -- cheaters, toxic players & racists will be caught and suspended/banned. Other rules may follow to ensure a safe, enjoyable experience.
- Active development -- The dev team is constantly improving the game with fixes, features, and balance tweaks to improve your experience.
Words from the Devs:
- Throne of Lies is a complex, sandbox strategy game with unlimited strategy - as with all strategy games, especially those that rely on others, it is important that you are willing to learn the core mechanics/classes of the game (tutorial/guides are available within the game lobby).
- Due to the social aspect of this game with 16 consecutive players, although we heavily moderate at a "PG-13 level" with an intricate reporting system with limited censoring, we transparently advise players sensitive to trolling to either not play this game or only play with people within our Discord server.