Puffin Web Browser
Puffin Browser is a cloud-based web browser for Android and iOS that is considered one of the fastest and the most functional apps for surfing the Internet, including good old Adobe Flash. Download Puffin Browser and take your mobile browsing to a new level!
The home page looks quite common nowadays, with your most frequently visited sites on top and the endless feed of suggested news below. The unified field for entering URLs and search requests is on top. There are also buttons for bookmarks, history, downloads, and settings. The developers didn’t reinvent the wheel but made one rolling fast and stable.
Like any modern browser, it loads and renders web pages of virtually any site, despite mobile limitations. It can save your bookmarks and passwords, cookies and downloaded files. With Puffin you can navigate the pages you’ve visited, with buttons or gestures.
It dramatically increases loading pages due to preprocessing on its clouds, so it takes less time and less data for you to load pages on your device. This feature (the one Opera Mini owed our love to in the late 2000s) is still demanded, and Puffin delivers. Add its fast engine that does the processing on your device swiftly, and you’ll get the fastest mobile browsing possible now. Even on flagship devices, the difference is noticeable, let alone old and budget ones.
Last but not least: Puffin has its own encryption for all your traffic, so you don’t have to be afraid of sniffing hackers if you operate with sensible data.
One of the features that make Puffin outstanding it its lasting support of Adobe Flash, made possible through cloud processing. So it doesn’t matter what device you are using to visit sites still using it. Another option, not critical, but pleasing, is Puffin’s cloud that can store files up to 1 GB in size. If you use it on a tablet, you’ll appreciate a swipe-based emulated mouse, working almost as precisely as a hardware one.
In-app purchases 4/5
It’s been a long time since we saw a popular paid browser (though there are some on app stores), and Puffin Mobile is completely free as well. But if you wish to enjoy syncing with desktop versions, as you do with Chrome or Firefox, you’ll have to buy a subscription for its cloud support ($2/mo). Probably, if the developers find another way to monetize it, it will become a real rival to those mentioned above.
The Bottom Line
Puffin isn’t one of the most popular browsers, but it has millions of fans, and it’s certainly worth your attention. If you are not paranoid about clouds your traffic passes, there’s nothing to trying it right now.
- Graphics 5
- Gameplay 5
- Controls 5
- Replay Value 4
Stores your history, bookmarks and passwords;
Clouds and gaming services;
Built-in encryption mechanics;
Adobe Flash supported.
The desktop version is paid.
- 1. All review text and other content are original. The copyright of all game, hardware and software reviews and images belong to our editorial team, copying without attribution is forbidden. Some of brand names, logos and screenshots are used in order of qualified relationships.
- 2. All the information on this website is strictly observed all the terms and conditions of Google Ads Advertising policies, Google Unwanted Software policy and Microsoft Advertising policies.
- 3. We provide the official download links to legal sources like official websites, Steam, PlayStation Store, Microsoft Market, Nintendo eShop, Google Play Store, Apple iTunes, GOG, Humble Bumble and other.
- One of the most trending games right now!
- Everyone enjoy playing this game
Did you like this review?
Nice! Please share this post on social media.
Please comment with your thoughts and recommendations on the «Contact us» page