Evolution of Mortal Kombat: Episodes and Series
Mortal Kombat (MK) has been one of the most wonderful games ever. Just ask any 15-year-old boy, and he will tell you how much he is in love with the MK games. Why is Mortal Kombat so popular? Maybe we’ll be able to find the answer if we dive into the history and evolution of this best-selling game.
How did MK evolve?
The MK video game was developed by Midway Games Chicago studio. It came into existence in the year 1992. After the studio went bankrupt, Warner Bros. acquired the team and renamed it to NetherRealm Studios. Originally, the team wanted to have a video game with Jean-Claude Van Damme. However, the idea fell off, and instead of the original idea, MK came into existence. The series has a lot of bloodshed and violence. There is also a fun fact about it. The letter “C” has been purposely replaced by the letter “K” to give a unique effect to the title of the game.
Memorable Mortal Kombat Titles
The humble 1990s
First of all, let’s talk about MK1-MK3 (MK3 Ultimate). MK1 and MK3 received amazing feedback from the players. You read the hits you made to your enemies and learned about the percentage of damage that has been caused to your character’s body. Both parts were exciting, quick, and fast.
What about MK4? Whether you wanted to break some bones or a skull entirely, this was the episode that most of the players liked the most. It had everything that players wanted to enjoy. Sonya Blade, Sub-Zero, and Raiden were the three main returning characters.
The promising 2000s
Here’s all you need to know about MK Deadly Alliance. This title was released in the year 2002 and was welcomed by all the MK fans. The popularity of the game increased tremendously. It had some of the best fights and characters.
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe: You could deal with all the villains from the DC comics. It made the whole thing even more exciting for the real fans of both universes. You could make your favorite character fight against the worst villain ever. Due to this innovative idea, this episode received a mind-blowing response from the players all around the globe, particularly in the United States.
The modern 2010s
Now let’s talk about MK9. Released in the year 2011, this episode of MK received the VGX Award for the Best Fighting Game. It has some of the best graphics that you fall in love with. Even the critics loved the way this title has been created.
And, of course, MKX. Mortal Kombat X is available in stores for all those who wish to indulge in a pure fighting pleasure. It helped MK receive more love from its enthusiastic fans.
Now, you can get a clear picture of how Mortal Kombat has evolved from an idea to one of the best-selling games in the world. No wonder Mortal Kombat for Nintendo Switch is among the top port requests today. Is there anything else to add?
Wait… there’s one more - MKX (Mobile)
The good news about MK is that it can be played on your mobile device. People download Mortal Kombat X and play it on their smartphones or tablets for as long as they like.
After reading everything about MK, if you are tempted to go and play the game, we don’t blame you at all. MK has become a legend of its kind and something that its players cherish the most.
Games from this article
- Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Fighting Download Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe today. When Worlds collide, Heroes and Villains must choose t...
- Mortal Kombat Fighting The Games on Demand version supports English, French, Italian, German, Spanish. FATALITY LIVES THE...
- Mortal Kombat X Action Whos Next? Experience the Next Generation of the #1 Fighting Franchise. Mortal Kombat X combines...
- G.A.M.E.S Action Welcome to G.A.M.E.S 4 Games. One Collection. One Deal Not to be Missed. G.A.M.E.S includes 4 indi...
- PS4 Pro Vs. PS4 Graphics Comparison for a Range of Games The PS console has undergone tremendous growth from its inception as PS1. The latest version of the consol... Continue Reading...
- Nintendo Switch: First Half-Year Results Time really flew fast and who would have known that it has already been 6 months since the Nintendo Switch... Continue Reading...