The Last Dogma Review
Unfortunately, professional review of the The Last Dogma - Wilder Wein Edition game is not yet ready. This game is on the list and will be reviewed in the nearest feature. Meanwhile, you can find more from the official description below.View all reviews
If you have something to say about this game and make own review - write us. We are looking for talented game critics!
"As if George Carlin lived in Russia and one day decided to make a mod for Postal 2 which would be based on the story of Only If. Well, that's a terrible pitch, but I'm tired. Now would you be so kind to get your fuckin' microphone out of my face, stop asking me about your fuckin' game and just let me go?" - Random Man On The Street
"Crap", "Christianphobic trainwreck", "Mess" - Most trusted experts on the Internet
The Last Dogma is a surreal black comedy exploration adventure game set in the year 1999 of an alternate reality world, where US actively campaigns for world domination after being disappointed with the results of the Cold War. Inspired by the history of humankind, free of clichs and moral borders, made in Hell.
You play as Sebastian Arise, an ATF special agent tasked with the tracking and eradication of local firearms dealers. One day straightforward tracking mission turns into disaster, thrusting him into the village of cannibalistic Christian cult known as Holy Intentions. Entwined in a web of intrigues between emotion-feeding daemons, Sebastian must keep his senses sharp as he travels back in 1366 A.D. to stop the things he shouldnt stop.
The game is a reimagining of Sacred Line Genesis, horror text adventure game for Sega Genesis / Mega Drive. And it's definitely not a shooter.
Recommended for fans of Killer7, Deadly Premonition, Only If, Postal, Normality and Pathologic (NOT INSPIRED by them), for open-minded people who prefer story and exploration over action / mechanical gaming and for people who are still looking for secrets in the games they play. Also for people who love movies of Richard Kelly, David Lynch and Quentin Dupieux.
- Unpredictable, surreal and grimdark story which features two completely different storylines
- Narrated by rockstars actors of Kholat, Stasis, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Strike Vector and Deadstar
- Original soundtrack featuring epic orchestral music, melodic instrumental rock, outlandish ambient and shamisen dance electro
- Atmospheric open-ended locations open for exploration, each with its own mood and color scheme
- Many well-hidden secrets, including hidden NPCs and whole Secret World story campaign featuring The Narrator
- Half-arsed hotkey based adventure system with the use of Look, Investigate, Talk and "Take" commands
- Completely DRM-free, you can copy the game on the potato and play it on the moon (being completely offline)
- Absolutely devoid of toilet humor and doesn't have a single line about ass
Soundtrack DLC is now available on YouTube for streaming: