The Next World Review
Unfortunately, professional review of the The Next World game is not yet ready. This game is on the list and will be reviewed in the nearest feature. Meanwhile, you can find more from the official description below.View all reviews
If you have something to say about this game and make own review - write us. We are looking for talented game critics!
Welcome to The Next World - a strategic visual novel by Illuminated Games, telling the story of a crashed colony ship and its ragged group of survivors, trying to make a new life on the wrong planet.
TNW is a visual novel/strategy hybrid inspired by The Banner Saga, King of Dragon Pass and Oregon Trail, with an emphasis on planning and decision-making over combat. Keep as many colonists alive as possible by making the tough decisions which will determine how your adventure unfolds. Build colony structures, salvage wreckage, resolve problems with multiple branching outcomes, and manage your colony's dwindling supplies; all while playing through an intense story of political intrigue, sabotage, desperation and survival, by writer Ryan A. Span (FRONTIERS, Mount&Blade, Euclidean).
- Robust strategy system - manage your colony on a hostile world & keep your people alive
- Fully hand-drawn art in retro-industrial sci-fi style
- Two different protagonists to choose from, each with their own quirks and methods
- Colourful and memorable cast of NPCs
- Dozens of events to help you or challenge you
- Hundreds of decisions to make, each with its own consequences