Risk of Rain 2
Risk of Rain 2 is a much-anticipated remake of the 2013 sci-fi hit by the Hopoo Games indie studio that, in its day, made a great splash in the genre of roguelike platformers. The new third-person shooter game is still in the works, but it is available in Early Access for the most devoted fans to try.
Risk of Rain 2 got a complete 3D makeover, which turned it into a much more palatable and spectacular game to play. The once adorable two-dimensional graphics translated surprisingly well and smoothly into powerful 3D visualization. Players are now less of spectators and more of full-fledged participants.
Risk of Rain 2 closely follows the gameplay structure of its two-dimensional predecessor while also introduces a whole bunch of new and unique features and options. The game premise is straightforward but manages to capture players’ attention from the very start: you and up to 3 of your fellow space travelers make a crash landing onto some unknown and hostile planet inhabited by strange creatures who are not happy about the intrusion. To proceed from level to level, you must fend off endless hordes of bloodthirsty enemies, identify the location of a teleporter, and defeat the boss who is guarding it.
As you advance through the game, your enemies get increasingly stronger, faster, and harder to kill, so you need to collect rare items to improve your strengths, obtain unique skills, and unlock new characters and stages. Team up with your friends, work out the best survival strategy and find a way to flee the infernal planet.
The PC version of Risk of Rain 2 utilizes a clear and manageable mouse and keyboard control scheme, which is pretty much the same as in other shooter games. The game also provides controller support.
Replay Value 4/5
The Risk of Rain 2 replay value is above average owing to the novelty of the 3D format. However, in terms of its lasting appeal, the game currently does not have much to offer: as soon as you have unlocked everything that is unlockable and run through its levels a few dozen times, there is not much left for you to do or to try.
The Bottom Line
Although it is still in the development stage, and we might see things done differently once the full game comes out, Risk of Rain 2 looks like an intriguing and extremely engaging third-person shooter that promises hours and hours of excitement and fun.
- Graphics 5
- Gameplay 4
- Controls 4
- Replay Value 4
The mechanics are engaging and enjoyable;
The new Prismatic Trials mode.
There is no voice chat option;
No maps for levels are available.
- 1. All review text and other content are original. The copyright of all game, hardware and software reviews and images belong to our editorial team, copying without attribution is forbidden. Some of brand names, logos and screenshots are used in order of qualified relationships.
- 2. All the information on this website is strictly observed all the terms and conditions of Google Ads Advertising policies, Google Unwanted Software policy and Microsoft Advertising policies.
- 3. We provide the official download links to legal sources like official websites, Steam, PlayStation Store, Microsoft Market, Nintendo eShop, Google Play Store, Apple iTunes, GOG, Humble Bumble and other.
- 1. Is a video game;
- 2. Will not change any system settings on your console, PC or phone.
- Everyone enjoy playing this game
- Everyone recommends to play it!
Did you like this review?
Nice! Please share this post on social media.
Please comment with your thoughts and recommendations on the «Contact us» page