东方梦零魂 -TouHou Nil Soul-
Scarlet Devil Mansion is asking for trouble again.
For the sake of convenience, vampire lord Reimilia Scarlet release scarlet mist to blind the sun. No doubt such stupid behavior will definitely result in a tragedy. Look! Reimu and Marisa are coming to teach her a lesson.
What is different is that Reimu and Marisa use dummies called Nil Souls to defeat opponents this time. Come on! Lets choose your soldiers , pick up your weapons , dodge opponents bullets and beat them down.
We firmly believe that this brand new scarlet mist anomaly will keep company with you during your playing of about 20 hours.
1.A unique system including turn base and barrage turn-based barrage system.
1-1 What is the turn-based barrage system?
To cut a long story short, it is a system syncretizing turn-based game and barrage. A system in which the barrages will move according to preset trajectory after players complete operation. A systemwhichletsplayersthink twice before every characters every step so that their characters wont be hurt by changing barrages. So this unique system requires players to have the ability of deducing situation they will face after several rounds and scan changes of battlefield in the dynamic perspective.Just think about how you try to guess your friends next step when playing chess, then you may understand the system better.
This turn-based barrage system nearly like this in the game.
1-2 How can I enjoy the turn-based barrage system?
The answer is the diversity of barrage itself. In this aspect, TouHou Projects official games and other barrage games have given us a lot of reference. Barrages in the game can be classified as:regular barrages,random barrages,tracking barrages and blocking barrages.Meanwhile, bossesskills can add more changes to barrages. Lets see two examples. Rumia can hide barrages, which means palyers cant see her barrages completely. As a result, players have to deduce trajectory of barrages according to their acquaintance with barrages and then dodge them. Hon Meirin is good at knockback, so chances are that even if players have dodged barrages, Hon Merin can still use her skills to beat them back to the area surrounded by barrages or even to a barrage. We hope that we can combine bossesskills with rules of barrages to create more plentiful experience.
Tetris barrages? Are you kidding me?(_)
1-3 How can we cope with barrages?
We provide three ways:dodge,just stand stillandelimination.Here we dont to talk about the first and second ways more. As for the third way, players characters will have the ability of eliminating barrages. For example, we design some skills which allow players to eliminate barrages in a certain area, and some spell cards which can attack bosses while eliminating barrages in a large area. We believe that properly using skills of eliminating barrages while attacking bosses, together with barrage itself, will create something interesting. We hope we can make the system more attractive as possible as we can.
Oh~ my friend, are you annoyed with being surrounded by barrages? Here is Master Spark, eliminates abundant barrages in a line, releases powerful blast to the maximum and leaves no side effects at the same time. Are you sure you can refuse such a mighty spell card?
Besides active attacking skills, some supporting skills also have the effect of eliminating barrages. How to use these skills properly will become the core of the system
2.Six kinds of skills, weave , combine and mutate.
We will spend most of time on developing skills in the following days. After all, combos between skills decide whether the game is attractive. So far, weve designed and classified skills as following:
Attack,Instant damage without any cost. Meanwhile you can also recover your mana. But it will be restricted by distance.
Defensive skills,Reduce damage from bosses attack.
Barrage skills,Bosses only at present. Bosses will use barrages to fulfill the battlefield, surround players characters and finally kill them.
Spell card,High damage, high cost and various additional effects.
Summons skills,Bosses only. Bosses will summon servants to raise their damage.
Supporting skills,Skills of coping with different situation and raising combating effect.
2-1 System of opponents skills
As for opponentsskills, we preset three motivating method:RA(random and active),CA(conditional and active),andCP(conditional and passive).ere is brief explanation:
- Generally, opponents will randomly launch a skill randomly every round.
- When some conditions are met, opponents will launch one or several active skills.
- When some conditions are met, one or several passive skills will be motivated.
ur anonymous Rumia is killed by opponents combo of barrages, spell cards and environment restriction.
2-2 System of players skills
or four skills. Attack has restriction on scope, skills will cost characters mana and defense has no restriction. Besides all above, there are other several rules:
- Restriction on scope.
- Some skills only have certain effective rounds.
- Some skills have CD.
- Some passive skills cannot be motivated inbattles but they will take effect continuously (For example, floating opponents wont be influenced by environment.)
- Whats more, in our next developing step, we are considering letting players themselves choose skills
Marisa cant release Master Spark due to CD of five rounds.
2-3 Servant system Icing on the cake
To keep players from being bored with the pattern of fighting against bosses, bosses will summon two to four servants to combat together. Every servant has its respective action bar, which means players should regard each servant as an opponent. Servants have their own action patterns as well as interactive(with their masters of course) action patterns. How and when to cope with these servants properly will also be an interesting core remaining to be pondered on.
So far, we can show you following information
Reimu andher servants Red and white magatamas
Marisa and her servantsCasket of Star
Patchouil and her servantsPhilosophers Stone
3.team , items and storyline exploration
3-1 System of team
TouHou Nil Soul is a turn-based barrage game requiring all characters ally against opponents. At most five characters are permitted in one team. More characters will be unlocked with the exploration of storyline. Each character has different position and feature. Using these features properly to foster strengths and circumvent weaknesses will make your combat more efficient. Whats more, each character will have following designing:
- Potential combating statistics.
- Three or four innate skills(we will improve this aspect in the following editions)
- Three slots for: weapons, armors and accessories.
You can check and adjust characters status when you configure team for next battle. Grey characters are unavailable.
3-2 System of items
We design the system of items of course. Putting different items into right slots can considerably raise characters statistics, which will do help to your following battles. Here is some information about items:
- The only way to gain items so far is: First, win a battle. Second, go to Kourindouand get some dormant items. Third, infuse Nil Soul into items and waken them. Now you can use them.
- Wakened items have random statistics.
- Different levels will randomly drop different items. For example, if you get a Reimus weapon in Hakurei Shrine, then next time you may see this weapon in another level instead of Hakurei Shrine. The reason why we design this mechanism is that we hope we can avoid letting players play one level repeatedly just for one specific item.
- So far, each character has her private weapon but armors and accessories can be used universally
- All dormant items you get from all levels will only exist before next time you get new dormant items. In other words, if you dont waken dormant items you get from the last battle during the period between the last battle and next battle, these dormant items will be replaced by new dormant items
fter you win a battle, you can get some dormant items in Kourindou. Since the Nil Soul is finite, it deserves to think twice before wakening items.
3-3 System of levels
We design a map ranging from Hakurei Shrine to Scarlet Devil Mansion.Whats more, you will see some special landmarks on this map, they correspond to battlefields in official games.Yes, those familiar opponents will challenge you when you exploring the map. Here is the explanation in detail about this system:
- You can only unlock next area by defeat the boss of this area.
- You can challenge every area repeatedly.
- You will get random items from different area.
- Story of each area will only be motivated the first time you challenge the area
- Whats more, we are trying our best to polish this aspect and enrich players experience of exploring the map.
Once youve explored the whole map, you will get a picture of part of Gensoukyo. By the way, we havent designed this picture completely on the basis of official games.
4.ther things we think we should display here
4-1 Characters in the official game the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil are all available.
Besides Reimu and Marisa, nine characters in the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil will appear in our game. They will be unlocked with players exploration of storyline.
The deblocking of two vampire bosses has some special conditions so we decide not to display their images here.
4-2 Humorous storyline
We fill this game with a great deal of stories. While enjoying the main line, we hope these stories can make you smile knowingly.
Yes, it is just a relaxing game, a pleasant game from the beginning to the end. So, you can motivate any story as you wish.
4-3 Salute the original musicRemix based on original music
In recent years, the mainstream of composing TouHou fan music is reshaping original music. Actually, weve chosen a different way when we developing game music. We decide to use the remix adaption of original music (which is closer to original music). So far, weve completed 23 songs. Well, thats not the end. This number is still raising.
- 1. All review text and other content are original. The copyright of all game, hardware and software reviews and images belong to our editorial team, copying without attribution is forbidden. Some of brand names, logos and screenshots are used in order of qualified relationships.
- 2. All the information on this website is strictly observed all the terms and conditions of Google Ads Advertising policies, Google Unwanted Software policy and Microsoft Advertising policies.
- 3. We provide the official download links to legal sources like official websites, Steam, PlayStation Store, Microsoft Market, Nintendo eShop, Google Play Store, Apple iTunes, GOG, Humble Bumble and other.
- Everyone recommends to play it!
- You just can't miss this game!
Was this review helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Tell your friends about this review:
We are striving for excellence and want to become better.
We appreciate and encourage any feedback.
Please, share your thoughts on our website – leave us a message on the «Contact us» page.