- Release date: 8/23/2012
- Developer: FromSoftware
- Publisher: BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment
- Genre: Action , RPG
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Japanese
- Features: Single-player, Multi-player, Steam Achievements, Partial Controller Support
- Requirements: View details
DARK SOULS™: Prepare To Die™ Edition
- OS: Windows XP , Windows Vista, Windows 7, or newer
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 GHz+ or AMD Phenom II X2 545 3.0 GHz+
- Memory: 2 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 4GB
- Video Card: GeForce 9800 GTX+ or ATI Radeon HD 4870+
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Sound: Direct Sound Compatible
- Additional: Microsoft Xbox 360® Controller for Windows® (or equivalent) is strongly recommended.
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Review
Unfortunately, professional review of the DARK SOULS™: Prepare To Die™ Edition game is not yet ready. This game is on the list and will be reviewed in the nearest feature. Meanwhile, you can find more from the official description below.View all reviews
If you have something to say about this game and make own review - write us. We are looking for talented game critics!
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition will include an untold chapter in the world of Lordran. Sent back to the past, player will discover the story when Knight Artorias still lives.
- New Bosses Including Black Dragon, Sanctuary Guardian, Artorias of the Abyss.
- PVP Arena & Online Matchmaking System Quick matching for players to play 1vs1, 2vs2 and 4 player battle royal.
- New Areas Including Oolacile Township, Oolacile Sanctuary, Royal Wood, Battle of Stoicism which is the training ground for online PVP battles.
- New Enemies Including Wooden scarecrows, Chained Prisoner, Stone Knight.
- New NPCs Including Hawkeye Gough, Elizabeth (keeper of the sanctuary).
- New Weapons and Armor Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs
The StoryDark Souls is the new action role-playing game from the developers who brought you Demons Souls, FromSoftware. Dark Souls will have many familiar features: A dark fantasy universe, tense dungeon crawling, fearsome enemy encounters and unique online interactions. Dark Souls is a spiritual successor to Demons, not a sequel. Prepare for a new, despair-inducing world, with a vast, fully-explorable horizon and vertically-oriented landforms. Prepare for a new, mysterious story, centered around the the world of Lodran, but most of all, prepare to die. You will face countless murderous traps, countless darkly grotesque mobs and several gargantuan, supremely powerful demons and dragons bosses. You must learn from death to persist through this unforgiving world. And you arent alone. Dark Souls allows the spirits of other players to show up in your world, so you can learn from their deaths and they can learn from yours. You can also summon players into your world to co-op adventure, or invade other's worlds to PVP battle. New to Dark Souls are Bonfires, which serve as check points as you fight your way through this epic adventure. While rested at Bonfires, your health and magic replenish but at a cost, all mobs respawn. Beware: There is no place in Dark Souls that is truly safe. With days of game play and an even more punishing difficulty level, Dark Souls will be the most deeply challenging game you play this year. Can you live through a million deaths and earn your legacy?
- Extremely Deep, Dark & Difficult Unforgiving in its punishment, yet rewarding for the determined learn to strategize freely and conquer seemingly impossible challenges.
- Fully Seamless World Explore a completely integrated world of dark fantasy where dungeons and areas are seamlessly intertwined, with great height.
- Mastery Earns Progression Contains 60 hours of gameplay, with nearly 100 uniquely despair-inducing monsters & an incredibly nuanced RPG systems including: weaponry, armor, miracles, faith, and more. Player success depends on their eventual mastery of how and when to use the magic spells, choice of armor, the number of weapons, the types of weapons, and the moves attached to the weapons.
- Network Play Players may cross paths with one another, invading each other for PVP battles, or to play co-op and take on giant boss encounters as a team.
- Flexible Character Development & Role Play As the player progresses, they must carefully choose which of their characters abilities to enhance as this will determine their progression style.
- Community See other real players and empathize with their journey, learn from seeing how others died, find and leave messages for your fellow players; helping them or leading them into death.
- Symbolic of Life & Hope The Bonfire is an important feature in Dark Souls for many reasons. Though in gameplay it serves as a health and magic recovery and a progression check point, it also happens to be the one place in the dark world where players can find a fleeting moment of warmth and calm.