Insanity's Blade Review
Unfortunately, professional review of the Insanity's Blade game is not yet ready. This game is on the list and will be reviewed in the nearest feature. Meanwhile, you can find more from the official description below.View all reviews
If you have something to say about this game and make own review - write us. We are looking for talented game critics!
Take a fathers journey to hell in order to save the souls of his wife and child.
The ultimate old school trip to hell!!
The Chronicles of Thurstan is the first in a series of games based around the journey of a sword possessed by a father's powerful grief and hatred. This first game is the tale of the swords creation.
Rewarding game play features!
- A blend of action, platforming and RPG elements with a classic retro arcade style
- Battle through over 16 stages filled with unique enemies, environments and side quests
- Scale buildings and caves with Thurstans wall climbing and jumping ablilites
- Collect powerful weapons in your inventory and upgrade abilities at the store
- Play local co-op with your friends! The second player takes control of multiple supporting characters throughout the story!
- STORY mode filled with cutscenes, intros and outros between levels to tell the story of Insanity's Blade
- Play the streamlined ARCADE mode for non-stop carnage!
- Multiple difficulty levels to satisfy both the casual and hardcore cravings!
- Powerful OPTIONS menu including classic 4:3 or modern 16:9 screen resolution, custom control binding and 16bit or 8bit soundtracks!
- After beating the STORY mode revisit your save file for unlimited stage replay and completing missed sidequests!
Killer 8-bit and 16-bit soundtracks
A fully original soundtrack with 8-bit and 16-bit versions of each track!
What The Web Says
- TEAM2G.org "If you had any love for the old 2D combat-centric platformers, you definitely want to give this game a try.".
Full Review: http://team2g.org/insanitys-blade-two-dimensional-rage/
- IndieGames.com "one of my favorite action games from last year."
Full Review: http://indiegames.com/2015/05/new_arcade_mode_streamlines_in.html
- RPG.net "it understands retro style and mechanics so well while never letting itself be held back by them, I cannot not love it."
Full Review: http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/16/16417.phtml
- JoelCouture.com "a game that, for all of its intense storyline, concentrates on making sure the player is having a good time."
Full Review: http://www.joelcouture.com/?p=4095
- PixelPopuli.com "Pretty damn fun slice of retro inspired arcade action."
Full Review: http://pixelpopuli.com/insanitys-blade-review/
- TechRaptor.net "throwback to the classics of old, with gameplay good enough to keep a player engaged the entire way through."
Full Review: http://techraptor.net/content/insanitys-blade-review-when-berserk-meets-gargoyles-quest
- Cliqist.com "fun and easy to learn. After four hours, I'm 70% of the way through, and I definitely lost track of time."
Full Review: http://cliqist.com/2015/02/04/16bit-death-dismemberment-insanitys-blade/
- 336GameReviews.com "a hidden gem and worthy of any fan of the Action genre"
Full Review: http://www.336gamereviews.com/insanitys-blade-review/
Some Awesome YouTube Let's Players!
- Positron's Singleplayer full play-through series - Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y8kKij0ypo&list=PLwQX4pVd9LWnLSVxlxJ-2-FpMo2rtoGkY&index=1
- NoiselessMound's Co-Op play-through series - Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIA1ZaF_HJQ
- SpicyWaffle's Co-Op quick look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KOp9qsoKXI
- SlasherJPC's Singleplayer quick look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SeaA-5_uug
Adapted from the Insanitys Blade graphic novel written by Chris Obritsch and as featured on the now-defunct WTFmag.ca
Note: This software is not compatible with video streaming or screen capture software. Decreased performance will be experienced.