Eternal Return Review
Unfortunately, professional review of the Eternal Return game is not yet ready. This game is on the list and will be reviewed in the nearest feature. Meanwhile, you can find more from the official description below.View all reviews
If you have something to say about this game and make own review - write us. We are looking for talented game critics!
Face merciless gameplay to explore a cursed castle, discover the dark tales of its inhabitants, and kill the gods of a decaying world. Eternal Return combines retro graphics and old-school mechanics with modern nonlinear level design and storytelling.
Survive to Explore
Slow pacing combined with tight yet unconvential controls builds stress, tension, and horror during gameplay, rather than taking a hack & slash approach. Players build their health, stamina, and arsenal up from nothing - and earn points by killing enemies to use special weapons to fight their way to the next shortcut.
Discover a Story
Speak to NPCs, find written messages, muse over paintings, and explore story-filled architecture to learn or infer the forgotten tales of the crumbling castle and its fading inhabitants - including yourself.
- Starting with 1 health and 1 stamina to be built up by exploring for upgrades
- Stamina management-combat
- Unique controls for toe-to-toe combat
- No Air controls! (How do they do that, anyway?)
- Realistically-paced attacks for strategy rather than spamming
- 3 primary and 3 secondary weapons
- Gathering points to use secondary weapons
- Returning to your place of death to recover points
- Looping level design around only one central checkpoint with unlockable in-universe fast travel for great immersion
- Locked doors and optional secret areas
- Hardcore areas with invisible enemies and other crazy challenges
- Secret healing checkpoints to help further your exploration
- 9 NPCs with voice acting and subtitles
- 20 Levels
- 13 Bosses
- 50+ unique enemy types
- Discover phonographs to find the game's soundtrack
- 64 colors!
- So many jars and barrels that need smashing.