9th Company: Roots Of Terror
- OS: Windows XP SP2/Vista
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2400 MHz and higher
- Memory: 1024 Mb (2048 Mb for Windows Vista)
- Graphics: 3D accelerator with 128Mb video memory (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800 Rro and higher)
- DirectX®: DirectX 9.0 or higher
- Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card
9th Company - Roots of Terror Review
Unfortunately, professional review of the 9th Company: Roots Of Terror game is not yet ready. This game is on the list and will be reviewed in the nearest feature. Meanwhile, you can find more from the official description below.View all reviews
If you have something to say about this game and make own review - write us. We are looking for talented game critics!
9th Company follows the story of a ragged band of young recruits undergoing brutal training in Uzbekistans Fergana Valley and culminates with a bloody stand against the Mujahideen warriors on a nameless mountain top in Afghanistan. Its the Battle of Thermopylae all over again: one Russian fighter against 10 Afghanis!
9th Company recreates in detail the events that took place during the last large-scale Soviet military operation. Few know the history: the 9th Company of the 345th Guards Airborne Regiment came under heavy fire on Hill 3234 on January 7th, 1988. They managed to stop several attacks by an estimated 400 Mujahideen and Pakistani mercenaries and held their position for two gory days. The company lost 6 men, and the remaining 28 of the total 39 were wounded. Two 9th Company soldiers were posthumously awarded the Golden Star medal and the title of Soviet Hero.
- Warfare on two tactical levels: use the area operations map to choose your mission or explore 12 unique and highly detailed tactical maps of Afghanistan.
- Stunning 3D graphics and a spectacular physics engine guarantee a one-of-a-kind experience in destroying any mechanized unit or building.
- Merit reward and in-combat morale system for every character and advanced hit location system for mechanized units make tactical battles even more realistic.
- A complex system of tactical behavior and firepower control for mechanized infantry, assault, reconnaissance and special operations units. More than 80 different unit types.
- Nonlinear mission structure.
- System of experience gain the crew now become more and more experienced with every battle. A possibility of forming an elite military unit is available in requisition screen.