Assault on Arnhem Review
Unfortunately, professional review of the Assault on Arnhem game is not yet ready. This game is on the list and will be reviewed in the nearest feature. Meanwhile, you can find more from the official description below.View all reviews
If you have something to say about this game and make own review - write us. We are looking for talented game critics!
Assault on Arnhem is an operational level wargame for between one and four players, based on the famous Operation Market Garden campaign in September 1944.
Each player manages units in either the Allied or Axis forces fighting over the bridges leading to the Dutch town of Arnhem. The aim of the game is to either capture or defend the bridge objectives by a certain time in the game.
Assault on Arnhem is an easy game to start playing, although underneath the simple faade lies a much deeper level of complexity.
- Up to four player hotseat multiplayer.
- Cross-platform online multiplayer. (two players)
- In-game tutorial.
- Turn based play.
- Four scenarios. (Grave; Nijmegen; Arnhem; Operation Market Garden)
- Fog of war mechanics (taking terrain into account). Hide your units in the woods and watch the enemy!
- Night time turns with reduced visibility, affecting combat and command. Slip your recon units through enemy lines!
- Logistics rules governing HQ supply lines and unit regrouping.
- Over 110 units of 7 distinct unit types.
- Three battle scenarios and a main campaign scenario.
- Three levels of AI difficulty, playing as either Axis or Allies.
- 3D Map View.
- Supply drops, reinforcement schedules.
- Simple enough for a beginner but with plenty of depth for experts.